Monday, 25 March 2013
Macaroni and cheese with beans
This dish is the ultimate comfort food! Delicious and at the same time nutritous, this is actually a pretty well balanced meal consisting of carbohydrates, proteins and also vegetables. Great for kids!
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/4 cup milk
1 handful romano cheese
1 handful chedder cheese
pinch of salt
4 strips of bacon
1 stalk celery
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 can of cannellini beans (can't find, so I used butter beans)
Splash of water
Pinch of salt
1. Get macaroni cooking in a pot of boiling salted water and cook as instructed on the packaging.
2. Prepare cheese sauce by melting butter, add in flour and cook for a minute in low heat before adding milk to get a creamy white sauce. mix in cheese and salt and put aside.
3. For the flavour mix, dice bacon and fry till crispy. Add in finely chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic and salt and fry till softened.
4. Wash beans under running water, add into flavour mix and cook for a few minutes with a splash of water to get all the flavours together.
5. Mix cheese sauce and flavour mix to cooked and drained macaroni and mix well.
6. Serve as it is, or sprinkle more cheese over macaroni and melt it in the toaster oven.
Before we had our Korean craze, we were so in love with Tom Yum. Tom Yum soup, Tom Yum steamboat, Tom Yum fried rice, etc. I looove Tom Yum...
It's so funny. This is the second time I made this cake and I have no idea what it tasted like. My Mother takes Chinese opera lessons...
I think I found it. My dream was to be able to replicate a loaf of store bought bread with my bread maker. I'm not ashamed to say tha...
I can't remember where I learnt this dish from, but it always reminded me of another Mom at my daughter's class. She commented th...