The original recipe was for a sandwich loaf. But I was feeling a little creative that afternoon, so I made the recipe into little individual bear buns instead. I was on the fence on whether to add fillings to the buns or not. But since there's banana and brown sugar inside, I decided to just make it plain.
The recipe is so easy to make and the bear was so cute! But I would definitely skip the egg wash the next time as it turned out too brown!
90g Banana Puree
20g Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
230g Bread Flour
20g Wholewheat Flour
20g Unsalted Butter
3/4 tsp Instant Yeast
black food colouring
- Put all ingredients in to the bread making machine and select "DOUGH" mode. This will mix, knead and proof the dough for you. If you don't have a bread maker:
- Make sure all ingredients are in room temperature.
- Mix the yeast with the milk and wait for a few minutes until the yeast blooms.
- Put all ingredients except butter into a mixer with a paddler attachment and mix it all up.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, add in the butter. Switch to the hook attachment and knead the dough in medium speed for about 10-15min.
- Remove the hook and cover up the bowl with cling flim and proof until the dough double in size.
The next morning, I toasted the bears a little and spread a little peanut butter for the kids. They loved it! For me, I'm a Nutella fan, and Nutella on banana buns was SO DIVINE! Maybe next time I'll wrap it inside the buns.