Thursday 11 October 2012

Steamed minced pork with mushrooms 香菇蒸猪肉

On a typical weekday I was cracking my head on what to cook for dinner, so I looked to the web, hoping I could get some inspirations. Unfortunately there seems to be plenty of western recipes but hardly any simple recipes for a home cook dinner, or what I like to call, 家常便饭. So I'm going to start one myself by cataloging my simple, daily home cooked dishes, recipes passed down from mother to daughter for generations. Hopefully, I could inspire another Mom when she ran out of ideas, or perhaps encourage a young wife to try cooking these simple dishes for dinner instead of eating out all the time? :)

As a kid I would mix the minced pork together with hot steaming rice and gobble down in huge spoonfuls. :) A simple, child friendly dish!


130g minced pork*
60g dried mushrooms - rehydrated and diced
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 pinch of sugar
4 tbsp water from rehydrating mushrooms
  1. Dice rehydrated mushrooms according to liking
  2. Mix mushrooms with meat and seasoning
  3. Steam in low-medium heat for about 10mins, or until surrounding liquid turns clear
*pre-minced pork from the supermarket is more lean and fine, suitable for smaller children or the health concious. If you like more bite and flavour, you can buy same amount of shoulder butt (五花肉) and either chop it up yourself or ask the butcher to mince it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tom Yam Braised Chicken

Before we had our Korean craze, we were so in love with Tom Yum. Tom Yum soup, Tom Yum steamboat, Tom Yum fried rice, etc. I looove Tom Yum...