Friday, 15 June 2012
Chocolate Mud Cupcakes
Bought a book titled 500 Cupcakes on impulse the other day, so I thought I try out one of the recipes.
300g plain chocolate chips
300g unsalted butter
115g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Place paper baking cases in the muffin tin.
2. In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring well. Leave it to cool a little.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale and thick. Fold the flour into the egg mixture and then stir in the melted chocolate and butter until well blended.
4. Spoon the mixture into cases and bake for 20mins. The cupcakes would be soft and gooey in texture and appearance. Remove tin from oven and cool for 5mins. Then remove cupcakes from the tin.
5. Serve swiftly, dusted with cocoa powder.
I didn't dust with cocoa powder, but it still tasted delicious!!!
The book used the word "gooey", but it's not. Maybe I have to under cook it by 5 mins in order to get that consistency. But still, it was crazy moist and chocolatey! It's really simple to make and this batch was quickly snatched up when I brought it to a friends's party. I will definitely make this again.
Until then, Bon appetit!
Before we had our Korean craze, we were so in love with Tom Yum. Tom Yum soup, Tom Yum steamboat, Tom Yum fried rice, etc. I looove Tom Yum...
It's so funny. This is the second time I made this cake and I have no idea what it tasted like. My Mother takes Chinese opera lessons...
I think I found it. My dream was to be able to replicate a loaf of store bought bread with my bread maker. I'm not ashamed to say tha...
When it comes to making chicken curry, my hubby and I would always go for the instant curry paste. ( video here ) But my brother as...