Heavenly..! It's the most moist, fudgy, chocolately cake I've ever tasted. A super rich chocolate cake with a light banana taste. So good, I'm speechless. So... let's bake!
2 cups white sugar
1 cup cake flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (I didn't have enough to make 1 cup -_-")
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flavorless oil
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C and place rack in the center of the oven. Butter a 23 x 33 cm pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. You will notice that the batter is quite thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. When completely cooled, frost with the Ganache.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel, or heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the cream and butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- When Ganache has completely cooled, beat until soft and fluffy. Then spread the frosting on top of the cake.
*I didn't wait long enough for the ganache to set so it was quite liquid when I poured onto the cake. But it tasted awesome anyway!*
Tell me you don't want to put that into your mouth! Come on..!