Tuesday 19 May 2015

My 1st Breadmaker Bread - White Bread

Hubby said he wanted to buy something expensive and nice for me on Mother's Day and asked me what I want. My answer? A breadmaker.

 photo 20150518_221631_zpsx60jkaig.jpg

I know, I know.. it's a little cliche. The little woman, asking for a bread making machine for Mother's Day. Feminist all over the world would roll their eyes and groan. But I've been wanting to get a breadmaker for so long! Every weekend I look for sale on breadmakers at electronic stores. I don't want to get one that is too expensive because I'm afraid that I would lose interest after awhile and waste money. So even as I get the opportunity to get one for free I chose the one on sale.

The machine comes with an instruction booklet and some recipes. But the promoter said that being a German brand, the bread in the recipes are more tough, like most European bread. So the staff actually experimented it himself and wrote down some of his own recipes, more suitable for the Asian palette. I thought that was SO SWEET and thoughtful! Talk about customer delight! So, the recipe that I'm sharing today, my VERY FIRST breadmaker bread, is by the Severin staff.

It's nothing fancy, but I thought I start with the basics 1st.

350ml Water
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon sugar
75 grams butter (melted)
100g wholemeal flour
400g bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast


  1. Place everything except for the flour and yeast into the baking pan. 
  2. Sift the flours together and add into the pan. 
  3. Make a little well on top of the flour and pour in the yeast. 
  4. Close the cover, choose program 2 (white bread/french bread) and start the machine.

It took about 4 hours and it's so fun to watch the bread being made while I just carrying on with my daily activities!

 photo 20150518_221657_zpsiexuncd8.jpg

The last hour is the best as the baking process starts and the house smells so nice! It also signify that the bread would be done soon, so it was quite exciting! Finally it's done!

 photo 20150518_223554_zpstanpzsql.jpg

I was quite worried as it felt quite dense as I try to lift it up.

 photo 20150518_223853_zpsysipsafq.jpg

But it turned out quite well! The taste was really good!

 photo 20150518_233505_zps8jrf4k8f.jpg

To be totally honest, the store bought wholemeal bread is still better and we will still continue to eat that. But now I have an additional option and I can't wait to try more interesting bread the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tom Yam Braised Chicken

Before we had our Korean craze, we were so in love with Tom Yum. Tom Yum soup, Tom Yum steamboat, Tom Yum fried rice, etc. I looove Tom Yum...